2013 Portal User Guide
District, School, and Department Sites
Sync Content to School Portals and Websites
Sync Document Libraries
Manage Site Content and Structure
School Day Template
Modifying Site Information
Scholantis SIS Data Sync
Updating Your School Logo
- System Dashboard
Changing a School Site's Colour
- Ribbon Bar
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Getting Started
Didn't find what you're looking for? Contact Support
In SharePoint 2016, the App Launcher replaces the Site Tabs. In the System Dashboard, the App Launcher settings allow you to set what tiles display in the App Launcher.
From here you can add tiles to display in the app launcher or edit existing tiles. You can also search for tiles or see what tiles different users can see.
Edit a Tile
To edit a tile:
- Click the arrow beside the tile you wish to edit to expand its settings.
Edit the fields as follows:
|Name||This field shows the name of the tile as it displays in the App Launcher. To change the name of the tile, edit this field.|
|URL||This field is the URL the tile will go to when clicked.|
|Icon||Select an icon to display in the App Launcher.|
|URL Match||See section About URL Match below. The URL Match section is to set a page title as a tile label. It works only on internal pages and does not apply for external links (though you can link to external links using the app launcher).|
|Target Audience||Click +Add Target Audience to limit an App or URL so that only specific user groups can see it in their App Launcher.|
- When you are done, click the Save button to save your changes.
About URL Match
The URL Match section is to set a page title as a tile label. It works only on internal pages and does not apply for external links (though you can link to external links using the app launcher). If the current URL of a page matches the Match Rule field, the page title will be set as the label of that tile. This is a complex setting, intended for advanced users only.
- The URL Match has the following settings:
|None||This is the default setting. No page will use this tile’s label as title.|
This rule checks to see if the current url begins with given string (ignores protocol):
Example Rule: portal.scholantis.com/my
This rule checks to see if current url contains given string:
Example Rule: scholantis/admin
This rule uses a wildcard search pattern ( where “*” can be used in place of any string including empty string)
Example Rule */class/*/ _Layouts/*.aspx
This rule uses the Regular Expression syntax ()
- In the Match Rule field, enter the string to use with given type (shown above).
- The Match Test field is just a test field to help you see if the provided type and rule will match or not match any url. The value in this field is not saved and does not affect the match behavior.
Example 1: Match
Example 2: No Match
- If an invalid syntax is used in the Match Rule, an error displays. (Regular Expression Only) This error must be resolved before you can save.
Example 3: Regular Expression Error