2013 Portal User Guide
Didn't find what you're looking for? Contact Support
Portfolios can be created by teachers and students.
Teachers can create student portfolios from any class site. You must first enable Portfolios for your class site.
Enable Student Portfolios
To activate Portfolios:
- Find or create a class class site.
- If you didn't enable Portfolios when creating your class site click Settings in the Utility links.
- Select Site Features from the drop-down menu.
- On the Setup tab, select Portfolios, then click Update. If the Portfolio option is not listed please contact support staff.
- Once the changes have been applied a Portfolios link will display on the navigation bar of your class site.
Add & Create Student Portfolios
To add students:
- Click Portfolios on the class site navigation bar. If you don't see it, follow the steps in Enable Student Portfolios, above.
- If you have already added students individually to your class, they will be listed on the left hand side. Their portfolios are now associated with your class.
- If a student does not have a portfolio, it will automatically be created.
- To add students, click Manage Students.
- Start adding students to your class by clicking Add Students.
- Type in or paste the names or usernames of students to find the correct users. You can also paste a list of students or usernames from a document or spreadsheet.
- Student portfolios are then created in the background. Each portfolio will take a minute to create so please give sufficient time for all portfolios to be created.
- Only select individual student users. Adding groups will not work unless specially configured for your district. For instance, you can add John Smith or Jane Williams; but not All Students.
- Only students can have a portfolio. Portfolios will not be created for non-student users added to your class site.
- Manage associated students from the Portfolio page or the Access tab in Manage Site. Either method gives students access to your class and creates a portfolio if one does not exist.
Students can access their portfolio from the navigation on a class site (if portfolios are enabled on the site), or using the My Portfolio button on the My Site page.
When a student visits their portfolio for the first time, the site is automatically created. Site creation will take a few moments.
Once created, the student will be asked to select their current grade. The current grade can be changed by a student or teacher at any time.