2013 Portal User Guide
District, School, and Department Sites
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Getting Started
Didn't find what you're looking for? Contact Support
Joining the Parent Portal
- Once a teacher invites you to join the parent portal, you will receive an invitation email from a district email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). The email includes a link to subscribe to portfolio notifications:
- Click the Go to Parent Portal link to activate your subscription. You will be taken to the Parent Portal login page.
- Your email address and Registration Code (from the email) will automatically be populated.
- Enter your child's Student ID in the Enter Student ID field.
- Select the Stay signed in checkbox if you'd like to stay signed in.
- Click the CONNECT button to enter the Parent Portal Page.
Navigating the Parent Portal
Once you login, you will see a list of your child(ren)'s Portfolios.
New posts, or posts that have been updated since the last time you've viewed them will be highlighted in a gold border, as shown below:
View a Portfolio Item
To view a Portfolio item:
- From the Parent Portal page, click on the item to view.
- The Portfolio item opens in a new page.
- Click the X icon on the top right to close the item.
View a Second Child's Portfolio
If you have access to more than one child's page on the Parent Portal, click on the child's name on the left hand side to view their portfolio.
Note: you will only be able to see your own children's portfolios.
View Your Child's Classes
To see your child's classes:
- Click the Class button ( ) to view the classes your child belongs to:
- A list of classes your child belongs to displays, along with any assignments:
- If that class is publicly viewable, you may click on a class site to view it. (Note: A class must be set by the teacher to be world viewable in order for your to be able to access the class page)
Working with Comments
To view comments:
- When a new comment has been added, an icon displays with the assignment on the Parent Portal page.
- Click on the comment icon or the portfolio item itself to access the item itself. Comments display on the top right of the screen.
Add or Reply to a Comment
To comment on an assignment:
- From within the assignment (see View a Portfolio Item for details), enter a comment in the Comment(s) box.
- Click the SEND button.
Manage Your Account
Control whether or not you get notifications and view a record of your logins on the Manage Your Accoount page.
Subscribe or Unsubscribe from Email Notifications
By default, you will receive notifications each time a new portfolio item is published to your child(ren)'s Portfolio(s).
To subscribe or unsubscribe from notifications:
- From within the Parent Portal, click the My Account link.
- Under Email Notifications, a list of your child(ren)'s Portfolios display.
- Select or deselect the checkboxes beside names you'd like to subscribe or unsubscribe from.
- This simply unsubscribes you from email notifications. You will still be able to view their portfolios.
Add Another Child
If you have more than one child at a school, the teacher will send you an invite. However, when you click the link, you will be taken to the Parent Portal.
To add an additional child:
- Click the ADD CHILD button.
- Enter the information requested by the school district, such as the Registration Code and the Student ID, in the fields provided.