2013 Portal User Guide
District, School, and Department Sites
Sync Content to School Portals and Websites
Sync Document Libraries
Manage Site Content and Structure
School Day Template
Modifying Site Information
Scholantis SIS Data Sync
Updating Your School Logo
- System Dashboard
Changing a School Site's Colour
- Ribbon Bar
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Getting Started
Didn't find what you're looking for? Contact Support
About System Dashboard
System dashboard is a new place for IT professionals and system administrators to get insight into their Scholantis system, identify problems and get help. From here, they can:
- Access site analytics
- Review server information, including disk space
- See up-time reports
- View version and licensing information
- Find information about site content, such as content database status and a breakdown of content usage by site type.
Access has been pre-configured for system administrators. Administrators can quickly provide access to other staff inside the dashboard.
The dashboard is intended to provide greater transparency into the state of your system and allow easy access to the information you need to manage the day to day workings of your site.
Access System Dashboard
To access the System Dashboard:
- Click SYSTEM DASHBOARD in the utility links on the top right hand side of the page.
- By default, you are taken to the Overview page:
Here you can access the latest information from Scholantis, including useful links, technical news, and our twitter feed.
The App Launcher (shown above) only displays in the menu if you are using the Sharepoint 2016 portal. For more information, see the topic, App Launcher.
View System Information
The System section allows you to view the system version, your system's uptime, the content databases, the servers and the status of the SIS data sync.
To view System information:
- Click the System link in the left hand navigation bar to access the System page:
- Click the arrows on the right side to expand any of the areas.
The Uptime section allows you to view the uptime for both your web and portal sites. This includes the average response time in milliseconds, the percent of time in the last 30 days that the site has been up, and the amount of time in the last 30 days that the site has been down.
Provides a summary of servers monitored by Scholantis. Due to security restrictions in some customer environments, we can not retrieve all information. (If this is the case, you may see the message Failed to retreive data).
SIS Data Sync
The SIS Data Sync section allows you to confirm sync status, view configuration information, and export a report of unmapped students and teachers.
View Content Information
To view the Content information page:
- Click the Content link in the left hand navigation bar to access the Content page:
- The Site Summary displays the types of sites you have installed:
- Count displays how many instances of the site have been installed.
Precreated lists blank stub sites that are ready to be used when someone makes a new site of that type.
- Size is the site's file size.
- The Portfolio License displays a Total count and a count of Active portfolios (which are portfolios that contain content, such as one or more posts).
View User Information
The user Diagnostics tool allows you to view information about a specific user.
Simply type in the user's name and the system displays their information:
From this page, you can find out the following:
|User Information||Displays a user's personal information, such as their name, title, role, location and contact information.|
|Sites||Lists the user's ability to own or maintain sites, as well as the location of their Public Site and One Drive.|
|AD Groups||Lists the Active Diroectory (Windows) groups that this user belongs to.|
|SIS User Information||Displays their SIS information.|
|SIS Classes||Displays the names of the classes they look after as per your SIS.|
|Site Listing||Displays the sites they look after, such as their class and group sites (if a teacher).|
This feature allows your district's IT staff and champion level users to view a list of your district's Open, Pending, and Closed Scholantis support tickets in the System Dashboard. You can also log tickets from here or view the Scholantis support site.
Click on a ticket to view its details:
Log a Support Ticket
To log a support ticket:
- Click the NEW TICKET button.
- Your name and email address already displays. In the Subject field, enter a brief descrition of the problem.
- In the Comment field describe the problem or question in as much detail as you can.
- If you have any screenshots or log files, click the UPLOAD FILES button and attach them.
- Click the SUBMIT button to submit your ticket.
You can grant other users permissions to read or administer the system dashboard. The essential difference between the two levels of access is that readers can only view the information, while administrators can grant access to other users.
To add a reader or administrator:
- Click the Access link on the left hand navigation, to access the Manage Access page.
- Click the ADD button under the type of user you would like to add (Administrators or Readers).
- In the pop-up, enter the names or addresses of users to add.
- When you are done, click the OK button to add the user.