Didn't find what you're looking for? Contact Support
The July 2017 update (4.20) will be deployed on Tuesday, July 18th. During the update, your sites will be unavailable for a few minutes at 5:00 pm local time.
A maintenance notice will be displayed to logged in users at noon PST (sample below).
For the new school year we have added new assignments summary features:
- Assessment Overview - See at a glance if student submissions are overdue, in draft, awaiting assessment, or graded. Quickly jump to a student's submission to review or comment.
- Student & Assignment Summary - Select a student or assignment to access a summary. The summary view allows let's you quickly assess an individual student's progress or the state of an assignment.
- Export & Print - Download all assessment information for students and assignments in a spreadsheet. Print an assignment or student summary to share with your class or individual parents.
- Parent Notifications - Send parents an assignment progress report by email. Parents must be registered in your Student Information System and Scholantis SIS Data Sync feature enabled for your district.
iOS & Android App (Beta)
The new mobile app provides faster access and persistent login to your portal on personal devices. Portfolio users can capture video, audio and photos. You'll find media capture more reliable and faster than using the browser.
New and improved archive and article templates to display your news. The news archive template now displays thumbnails and as well as next & previous buttons when you set a limit on the number of news items. The news article template's layout and styles have been improved and it now includes a built-in attachment viewer for easy viewing of documents, images or press releases. If you'd like to further enhance your site visitors news experience you can add recent news or events listings to your news archive or article pages.
When you need to print a calendar we have a added a new dedicated print view. The view includes the full event title, start and end date/time, as well as the event location. You can choose print all days or only those with events. You can also choose between a one or two column view (not available in Safari or iOS).
System dashboard is a new place for IT professional and system administrators to get insight into your Scholantis system, identify problems and get help:
- Access site analytics, review server information including disk space, see up-time reports, access version and licensing information and much more.
- Find information about site content such as content database status and a breakdown of content usage by site type.
- Access has been pre-configured for system administrators, you can quickly provide access to other staff inside the dashboard.
The dashboard is intended to provide greater transparency into the state of your system and allow easy access to the information you need to manage the day to day workings of your site. We plan further enhancements in the future but would love to hear your feedback.
Content Editing & App Cleanup
When adding apps to your page you will find a streamlined list of available apps. The Content Injector app (in the Scholantis category) has been enhanced to allow video embedding, script embedding, web page embedding (using iframes) and can point at static HTML content files. These additions have allowed us to cleanup a number of older apps which are now redundant or being sunset by Microsoft.
As before, experienced users who need access to advanced or retired apps can disable the Hide Site Setting feature from Site Settings.
Other Changes & Technical Notes
- Login Timeout Notice - When your login expires a warning lets you know and allows you to easily sign in again. A great feature if you're working on content over a longer period of time.
- Weather App - Fahrenheit option now available in app settings.
- Edsby news app now supports displaying embedded images and attachments
- Sync is now resilient against list name changes
- Additional diagnostic logging for SIS Data Sync
- Weather app now has an option to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Content Injector now supports injecting content from a file and injecting another page in an iframe
- Memos - Print view fix
- Resolved issue where My Class or My Groups would sometimes not display on first page visit.
- Resolved issue with Home Drive not working for some users (when using ADFS authentication).
- Resolved issue with iCal time-zones for certain devices and time zones (Calendar subscription).